Meghan / New Jersey
- I was at BroadwayCon 2016 and BroadwayCon 2017
- One of the craziest things was the blizzard that happened during BroadwayCon 2016 but one of the best things came out of it. After a bunch of performers weren’t able to make it to the BroadwayCon Cabaret Krysta Rodriguez pulled together a full set (I believe it was an hour and a half, her set was only supposed to be 20 minutes) and it was one of the best things I saw all weekend, if not the best. She is one of my favorite actresses and she’s so incredibly talented. I appreciate her braving the blizzard to perform for us.
- I will be cosplaying as Annabeth from The Lightning Thief: The Percy Jackson Musical. It was an off-Broadway show that was based on the first book in the Percy Jackson series. When I saw the show for the first time I loved it so much that I saw it 8 times and I knew I had to cosplay Annabeth. I actually have a lot of clothes that Kristen Stokes (who played Annabeth in the show) wore on stage. She’s a character I identify with a lot. I wore the cosplay when they had cosplay night at the show and it was a lot of fun. Kristen loved my cosplay and we still talk about it when we see each other.
- I have an idea for a panel so I’m hoping that they will choose my panel for this years con. Last year I ran the Les Miserables meet-up at BroadwayCon and it was a lot of fun. This panel is a little different, I can’t give details but I hope that I will get the opportunity to do the panel. Keep a lookout once the schedule gets released. I’m also looking forward to seeing my friends and making new ones.
- I want to meet… Chris McCarrell, I’ve already met him but it’s always nice seeing him. And Jenn Colella.
- Tips for other attendees: Talk to the people around you and make friends. We’re all there because we love the same thing. If you’re nervous about talking to people just remember that. I’ve met some of my best friends at conventions. Make sure you bring water and snacks with you. It’s hard to sit down for a meal when there’s so much going on and it’s important to eat and stay hydrated. You’re not going to get to do everything that you want to do so have a few things that “cannot be missed” and the rest is just a bonus. Most importantly, have fun!
- My favorite Broadway show is Les Miserables
- Find me online: @meghanxvirginia on Twitter