Edited by Gabrielle
If you’re looking for a truly magical musical that is made from pure imagination, then Finding Neverland is the show for you.
Here are my top 6 reasons why you see the show
- The Llewelyn Davies kids are so talented and adorable. They totally make the show! The four boys I saw were terrific! I loved getting to see Sawyer Nunes (Casey Butler replaced Nunes). Aidan Gemme, who was on for Peter , was heartbreakingly emotional. How a kid can act like that is beyond me. The other boys I saw were Alex Drier, who was so sweet and cute, as Michael and Christopher Paul Richard as Jack who played such a singer and has lots of spunk. Their songs were great and so playful, too. I wanted more of them. the boys or alternate the roles are Noah Hinsdale, Jackson Demott Hill and Eli Tokash all three are amazing as well)
- The musical numbers are incredible! “Believe” performed by JM Barrie (Mathew Morrison) with Sylvia Llewelyn Davies (Laura Michelle Kelly) and the boys was astounding. The way the set and stage move around during the song is unreal. It’s like they are actually in Neverland.
- This show makes you feel like a kid again. Seeing Peter Pan flying and hearing the magical musical number made up of classic nursery rhymes, you just want to hop on stage and join in on the fun with the cast.
- Seeing Mathew Morrison on stage after watching him on Glee for so many years was great. I loved when Morrison sings the song “Stronger” His voice is so powerful.
- The scene and set design are out of this world! It is incredible how they built the ship and made it look like it was on water. The scene where the mother flies off to Neverland is amazing and a tear jerker. Bring tissues!
- Kelsey Grammar, now replaced by Anthony Warlow (who I’d seen in Annie a bunch of times) was hilarious as Captain Hook. I enjoyed seeing him on stage singing and dancing-who knew he could sing! I also enjoyed the corny joke the show makes about the show Cheers which Grammar stared in
After the show, Christopher Paul Richard took me backstage and showed me all of the props and how everything works. He showed us how the dinner party tricks worked and how Tinker Bell is created. He showed us his dressing room and costumes, and his many neck ties Thank you, Chris!
In general the cast is amazing I loved every second of the show. Just believe in magic and fairies, and go see Finding Neverland today.
A few things to keep in mind:
- Make sure to stagedoor the cast is so amazing to meet in person
- The Ladies Room upstairs only has 6 stalls,so you might wait on a long line.
- very comfortable seats
- just enjoy the magic
Here are some great ways you can buy affordable tickets to shows:
- Students can purchase through the Tix4Students website
- With the TodayTix App, you can get $20 off your first order by using the code IFOTA
- Sign up for Play-by-Play! They are a seat filler company that offers free tickets to a wide variety of shows. Mention that Joy Rosenthal (aka The Broadway Wiz) sent you.
- Visit the Tips and Tricks section on this site where we are regularly posting new content.
Have you seen Finding Neverland? Let us know what you thought in the comments below!